Convection Vs. Conventional Ovens Please Help!

Decorating By Molly2 Updated 15 Sep 2010 , 10:32pm by Molly2

Molly2 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 4:09am
post #1 of 6

I will be getting a new oven soon right now I have a stand-free electric range just your basic range and oven. Hubby wants me to get a Free-standing Electric Range with a Convection Oven I never used one of these any advice how do I adjusts my cake recipe please someone tell me which is better Convection vs. Conventional Ovens

Molly icon_confused.gif

5 replies
Sassy74 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 6

I went from conventional to convection 4 years ago, and I really like it. All I've had to do is lower my cooking temp by 25 degrees. So, instead of 325, I set my oven for 300 degrees on convection. I love how my cakes etc rise evenly, no turning pans, brown on top and bottom, love love love. I would totally recommend convection.

CakeInfatuation Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 6

This was an article in the last CC magazine! icon_wink.gif Go figure.

mimi1218 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 6

I have a convention oven as well... I will never go back to the old one. My oven automatically adjusts for the temp difference. If the recipe calls for 350 degrees, When I pick convection and 250 degtrees- it automatically adjusts and only heats to 325. I have never had an issue with uneven baking. I wouldn't trade ovens for the world. Love love love it!

Lita829 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 6

We bake with a convection oven at work and I absolutely LOVE it. I agree with what the other posters said about lowering the baking temp 25 degrees F. Cakes come out beautifully baked.

Molly2 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 10:32pm
post #6 of 6

Thank You Guys so much thats what I was hoping for I guess I will go get my new oven soon

Molly icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%