Convection Vs. Conventional Ovens Please Help!

Decorating By Molly2 Updated 15 Sep 2010 , 10:32pm by Molly2

Molly2  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 4:09am
post #1 of 6

I will be getting a new oven soon right now I have a stand-free electric range just your basic range and oven. Hubby wants me to get a Free-standing Electric Range with a Convection Oven I never used one of these any advice how do I adjusts my cake recipe please someone tell me which is better Convection vs. Conventional Ovens

Molly icon_confused.gif

5 replies
 Sassy74  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 6

I went from conventional to convection 4 years ago, and I really like it. All I've had to do is lower my cooking temp by 25 degrees. So, instead of 325, I set my oven for 300 degrees on convection. I love how my cakes etc rise evenly, no turning pans, brown on top and bottom, love love love. I would totally recommend convection.

CakeInfatuation  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 6

This was an article in the last CC magazine! icon_wink.gif Go figure.

mimi1218  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimi1218 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 7:01pm
post #4 of 6

I have a convention oven as well... I will never go back to the old one. My oven automatically adjusts for the temp difference. If the recipe calls for 350 degrees, When I pick convection and 250 degtrees- it automatically adjusts and only heats to 325. I have never had an issue with uneven baking. I wouldn't trade ovens for the world. Love love love it!

Lita829  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 7:12pm
post #5 of 6

We bake with a convection oven at work and I absolutely LOVE it. I agree with what the other posters said about lowering the baking temp 25 degrees F. Cakes come out beautifully baked.

Molly2  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 10:32pm
post #6 of 6

Thank You Guys so much thats what I was hoping for I guess I will go get my new oven soon

Molly icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%