Baby Shower Cupcakes And Cloud Like Piping.

Baking By Kamstor Updated 16 Sep 2010 , 10:47am by esq1031

Kamstor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kamstor Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 3:39am
post #1 of 4

Hello,

I have been a asked to due a 100 cupcakes for a friends baby shower. They wish to have chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting. Does anyone have any decorating ideas that will not be to time consuming? I have a few ideas like piping 1m swirls then sprinkling the little pink balls (forget their real name) on the cupcake. Does anyone have any other ideas or suggestions.

Also does anyone know how to pipe the frosting that looks like a cloud on the cupcake (to large swirls). I have tried and tried and cannot seem to master it. I am not sure if I am using the wrong tip, type of frosting and technique.

Any help would be appreciated. icon_smile.gif Thanks have a great day

3 replies
matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 4:02am
post #2 of 4

The best thing to do is keep it simple, which it sounds like you have.

Depending on what you are looking for the ball could be called pearls or nonpareils.

The tip for the cupcakes would be a large round tip, maybe an Ateco 11 or 12.

Finally, as an added decoration, you could use sheets of edible images applied to sugar or shortbread cookies and stuck in the cupcakes. The images could be customized for the occasion.

Or you could do chocolate transfers on to large sheets of melted chocolate. Let it harden and add a colorful chocolate shard to the cupcakes.

Kamstor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kamstor Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks for you advise.

esq1031 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
esq1031 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 10:47am
post #4 of 4

I was thinking of doing a baby angel laying on top of a cloud for my sister's baby shower next month. For the cloud, however, i was thinking of using cotton candy. I haven't tried this yet, so I don't know how it would work, if it would all melt into the buttercream or frosting you are using, but it's an idea.
HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%