? Cake Price

Decorating By amarilloyankee Updated 15 Sep 2010 , 12:26am by angelwings1

amarilloyankee Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 5

I have a friend asking me to make her a ? shaped cake that will feed 60 people for a Gender party. I need an estimate price cause she is going to trade me photos of my little one for the cake. (she is a photographer). So it needs to be fair to her and me!

Oh yeah she is wanting fondant on it so that you can't see the "color" of the cake until it's cut into to

4 replies
angelwings1 Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 11:43pm
post #2 of 5

From what I've seen others post on here, they charge about $3 per serving. I tend to seriously underprice, myself. Found my spine last night and quoted a cake at just over $2 per serving (she wanted Hello Kitty to serve up to 30 people), got an e-mail today saying that was just too much. Hope someone else can be of more help.

angelwings1 Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 5

Oh, and what's a gender party?

amarilloyankee Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 12:23am
post #4 of 5

I had to ask what it was too. Its where the ultra sound tech write down what the sex of the baby iand NO ONE knows until they cut into the cake to see pink or blue cake hehe cute right

angelwings1 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 12:26am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by amarilloyankee

I had to ask what it was too. Its where the ultra sound tech write down what the sex of the baby iand NO ONE knows until they cut into the cake to see pink or blue cake hehe cute right

Oh, so the couple doesn't know either? They just give you the piece of paper? Times, they are a changin'. lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%