I Need Help Finding Mini Pans!!

Decorating By Mel2085 Updated 14 Sep 2010 , 9:26pm by imagenthatnj

Mel2085 Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:08pm
post #1 of 10

I am looking for 2 inch round pans, but I don't really want to buy 4 or 5 diffrent pans. I know these are made but I can't figure out what they are called to search for them online! Heck I can't even think of where to search for them - like a wholesale place or a website to look at! Can you help me with what they would be called or how I should search for them?!? I am racking my brain like a mad women!!


9 replies
MariaK38 Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 10

Here's some from global sugar art...


sugarcraft has one, too, but it's more expensive.

good luck!

MommaDukes Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:56pm
post #3 of 10

try D&G Occassions.com

leily Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 6:21pm
post #5 of 10

make sure you compare shipping to see which place is really cheaper.

Kayakado Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 6:36pm
post #6 of 10

why not cut them out of a larger cake with biscuit cutters? It's much faster and no cakes to level and trim.

Texas_Rose Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 7:37pm
post #7 of 10
Originally Posted by Kayakado

why not cut them out of a larger cake with biscuit cutters? It's much faster and no cakes to level and trim.

Just what I was going to suggest. I have 2" and 3" pans that don't work well at all...they want to tip over in the oven, they get too done, etc...when I need mini cakes, I bake a sheet and then use my deep cookie cutters on them...Ateco makes a set of deep cookie cutters that's very useful for cake.

imagenthatnj Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 8:10pm
post #8 of 10

I love my Alan Silverwood pans. Bought them at Global Sugar Art, which seems to be the only place to have them in this country (USA)! They're standard in the UK, though.


Mel2085 Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 9:11pm
post #9 of 10


I don't want to do the sheet cake with the cutters because then icing a cake with "raw" sides like that makes it hard to not get crumbs and with them being little like that it is hard to hind flaws like that.

imagenthatnj Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 9:26pm
post #10 of 10

Mel2085, forgot to tell you that you could also use these mini rings that pastry chefs use, placed on a baking sheet with sides.


Quote by @%username% on %date%