Wrong Date For The Cake..

Decorating By ysa Updated 15 Sep 2010 , 8:35am by ysa

ysa Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:28am
post #1 of 9

OMG! i'm totally i don't know how to say it..i heard the wrong date for the wedding cake delivery..i made the wedding cake last night.. monday night and the cake's date is for saturday..gosh! i cant get over it.. i made the cake but not yet decorating it..i have to make a batch of cake for saturday again..Do you have suggestion guys that i can use to make the cake not put into waste? obviously i can't eat it.. icon_smile.gif) lol ..hope to hear from you guys..it made me sad.. icon_sad.gif

8 replies
Elcee Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:42am
post #2 of 9

You can freeze it.

dguerrant Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:44am
post #3 of 9

If it's undecorated, wrap it up really well and freeze it for a couple of days, it will be fine. I have evcen frozen crumb-coated cakes for a few days as well and they are fine.

ysa Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:52am
post #4 of 9

really? that's very good..freezing it will make the cake last for 7 days? okay i will touch the cake again.. icon_biggrin.gif guys question.. how long the cake will last if we freeze it?

BlakesCakes Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:16am
post #5 of 9

A well wrapped cake--in several layers of saran and a layer of foil--will last for several months in a freezer.

Rae

BlakesCakes Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:18am
post #6 of 9

ysa Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:24am
post #7 of 9

Thank You elcee dguerreant and Rae thanks for the special input.. i'm in the kitchen with my laptop while having conversations with you guys..thank u so much icon_biggrin.gif

DetailsByDawn Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 1:51pm
post #8 of 9

If freezing for a few days or a week, wrapping in plastic wrap, nice and tight will be fine. If freezing for more than a week, wrap in plastic wrap, then in foil - this will keep freezer burn from occuring. If you can, pop it into a paper bag to keep out food odours from the freezer and it will last for months. No worries, that's what freezers are for! icon_smile.gif

ysa Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 8:35am
post #9 of 9

i used the saran wrap and aluminum foil, with some packing tape lolicon_smile.gif wat i do with my cakes usually is bake it the day before..now atleast.. i dont have to get tired finishing 2 big cakes in 2 days..without sleep.. omg.. my body really hurts.. i usually sleep in the morning... icon_lol.gif this are really big help guys..thnx very much..now i'll learn how to do this things the easy way... thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%