Easily Add Music/sound To Your Cake

Decorating By jlh Updated 25 Sep 2010 , 2:47pm by Ellie1985

jlh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlh Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:02am
post #1 of 7

I used a music box for a stadium baseball cake for 6 y.o. The kids loved it. I attached the music box on the back of the score board. Tune played "take me out to the ball game". $4 at Build-a-Bear workshop. Box was the shape/size of a quarter...about 1/2" tall. Easy to hide behind cake. Plays when you press it. Animal sounds (owl, dog, pony, cat, monkey). The lion can be used for a dinosaur or other monster. Jonas Brothers song and ICarly song too...and more. Fun and inexpensive way to add to cake. Makes it fun for kids to play with during party.
http://www.buildabear.com/shop/browsecategory.aspx?CallingPage=BrowseCategory&Category=Sounds

6 replies
cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:16am
post #2 of 7

Thanks for that information! I looked at the site and the music boxes are very reasonable and being so would not break the bank if one needs it.
evelyn

VickeyC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickeyC Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:24am
post #3 of 7

What a cool idea! As I listened to all of the sounds, I could picture a cake to go with each one of them. icon_biggrin.gif

harveybw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harveybw Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 7:39am
post #4 of 7

Thanks for that, what a brilliant idea thumbs_up.gif

PuffCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffCake Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 7:56pm
post #5 of 7

jlh,

How thick is the music box? I'm wondering if it could be attached to the back of the cake board and be covered with ribbon without being too obvious by sticking out too far.

Also, has anyone ever used the sound mechanism that comes in greeting cards? It looks to be larger than the music box from Build-a-Bear and seems to activated when the tab is extended upon opening the card. Seems like it might be difficult to incorporate with a cake or the cake board. I remember seeing a photo on here once where someone somehow embedded a sound mechanism (I think from a greeting card, but I'm not sure) into the cake board. I think it was a Star Wars cake with Star Wars theme music. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks icon_smile.gif

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 2:25pm
post #6 of 7

Brilliant! thumbs_up.gif

Ellie1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ellie1985 Posted 25 Sep 2010 , 2:47pm
post #7 of 7

I've used the music mechanisms from cards in my scrapbooking pages but I never thought about using them on a cake. Great idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%