Yellow Scratch Cake Bakeoff

Decorating By Gerle Updated 16 Sep 2010 , 6:26pm by JaeRodriguez

Gerle Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 1:36am
post #1 of 9

I was on a thread earlier today that was starting a bakeoff for yellow scratch cakes. The thread started in June. I can't remember where I was when I saw the thread, but can't seem to find it to go back and see how things went with the yellow and then chocolate cake bakeoffs. Could someone please help me? I'm interested in seeing how it went and to maybe avail myself of some of the recipes. Thanks for your help.

8 replies
artscallion Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 1:52am
post #2 of 9

I was involved in that. If I remember correctly, the winner fot he yellow cake was Sylvia Wienstocks original recipe. Not sure, but I think Scott Clark Wooley's chocolate cake might have won.

The search function here stinks. But if you google "scratch off cakecentral" or something like that, you'll probably find it.

Gerle Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 12:24am
post #3 of 9

Thanks. I'll give that a try!

stacey71 Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 5:12pm
post #5 of 9

One of the recipes in the bake off was called "White on White".
I tried searching for it in the recipe section but it didnt come up. Does anyone have a link for this recipe?

ibmoser Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 2:50pm
post #6 of 9

Google Rebecca Rather's White on White Buttermilk cake - it is from her book the Pastry Queen. I think it is also posted somewhere here on CC in a thread.

JaeRodriguez Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 2:54pm
post #7 of 9

Stacey I posted a link to the Scratch Off thread, did you look in it to see if you could find the recipe?

stacey71 Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 5:19pm
post #8 of 9

Actually I just did this morning. It led me right to the recipe I was looking for, thanks a bunch icon_smile.gif

JaeRodriguez Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 6:26pm
post #9 of 9

I love those threads! :]

Quote by @%username% on %date%