Email Order Forms?

Decorating By JennieB Updated 14 Sep 2010 , 9:40am by awatterson

JennieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennieB Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 12:23am
post #1 of 7

I have read on here a few times about you fellow bakers using e-mail order forms you send to your customers. Becasue I do not have a store front I get alot of orders from my website and take the order through e-mail. Do you guys have a order form you e-mail them and they fill out and e-mail back? If so how the heck do you do this? icon_confused.gif
Or do you just send an invoice?

6 replies
awatterson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awatterson Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 12:42am
post #2 of 7

Are you talking about how they pay you? I have signed up for PayPal so that they can pay by credit card on my website (after I have told them the amount).

JennieB Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 12:57am
post #3 of 7

Thank you for the response but no not for payment. For record purposes. Aside from wedding cakes sometimes I don't see the customer until pick-up or delivery. I have an order form on paper but have no idea how to send one through e-mail PDF?? or something I guess

awatterson Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 1:03am
post #4 of 7

Sorry.

elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 1:05am
post #5 of 7

My website is currently being redesigned and it will now have an order form page. It allows them to give me their name, phone, email, etc.as well as # of servings, date needed, flavors, etc, plus a place for special requests/instructions. You should be able to have a page like that added to your site.

JennieB Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 1:27am
post #6 of 7

Oh gosh awatterson don't be sorry thank you for trying to help.
Also I just worry about putting an order form on my site because customers will think their order is confirmed and booked. I get some customers now emailing me 3 days before wanting a cake icon_surprised.gif
Thank you both for your help though, maybe what I am wanting in my head isn't coming across the same in writting lol

awatterson Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 9:40am
post #7 of 7

On my website I have a little section that says "what happens after I submit an order request" that kind of walks them through the order process all of the way up to the delivery date. This is website that I really liked and she is also a Cake Central user.

http://www.dremecakeartistry.com/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%