What Icing Does Dairy Queen Use On Their Ice Cream Cakes??

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 7 Jan 2011 , 10:04am by doramoreno62

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 10:24pm
post #1 of 8

I had a Dairy Queen ice cream cake for my anniversary..I know..I know... icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif My mom brought it over..The icing was divine!!So smooth and silky and the roses were yummy.Does anyone know what they use.My guess is Rich's Bettercreme...

Anyone know!! thumbs_up.gif

Laurel icon_wink.gif

7 replies
mrscunningham Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrscunningham Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 10:39pm
post #2 of 8

I can't think of the name, I'll call my friend that owns a DQ to find out, but she gets it at Smart and Final. Do you have one of those where you are?

mrscunningham Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrscunningham Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 11:29pm
post #3 of 8

It's called Pilgrim's pride and it comes in a carton like whipping cream

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 11:42pm
post #4 of 8

The DQs here use Dixie's icing http://www.dixiesicing.com/Site/Home.html A lot of the grocery stores here also use it

luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 11:49pm
post #5 of 8

I would love to know the answer as well I checked Pilgrim's pride and found nothing. We are somewhat limited up here I think... icon_smile.gif

CakeInfatuation Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeInfatuation Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 12:01am
post #6 of 8

My local DQ uses Rich's Bettercreme.e At least that's what the manager told me last year when I had to buy my 4 year old an ice cream cake for his Birthday because I had too many cake orders to make his Birthday cake. icon_sad.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 12:24pm
post #7 of 8

Luv Buttercream is right...We are very limited to what we can get here although a few of the food supply company's like Dawn foods and Bridgbrand or Sysco may have something like it.I'll have to check..

I was good though....

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 7 Jan 2011 , 10:04am
post #8 of 8

Ooops, it's called Pastry Pride, not Pilgrims Pride. That's probably why you couldn't find it luvbuttercream. I use it all the time. I but it at Smart & Final in California.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%