"plaques" On Cakes?

Decorating By sumerae Updated 21 Sep 2010 , 1:13pm by Shannon1129

sumerae Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 9:53pm
post #1 of 5

How do you do them? Are they just gumpaste rolled out/cut/left out to dry?

I.e. doing a cake in the form of a "present" with a little name card sticking out by the bow to say "happy birthday" or something, that's the plaque I'm talking about.

4 replies
Herekittykitty Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 10:14pm
post #2 of 5

Yup. Pretty much. You could also use fondant.

idgalpal Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 10:27pm
post #3 of 5

I've used fondant with some tylose powder mixed in and also just plain gumpaste.

dorie67 Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 10:48pm
post #4 of 5

I used fondant and let it dry a bit then added the writting with food markers and it turned out ok. princess.gif

Shannon1129 Posted 21 Sep 2010 , 1:13pm
post #5 of 5

I almost always use fondant. Just roll it out pretty thin and smooth and viola!


Quote by @%username% on %date%