Melting....melting....melting

Sugar Work By deeb173 Updated 13 Sep 2010 , 9:45pm by auntginn

deeb173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deeb173 Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 8:31pm
post #1 of 5

Who would have thought that chocolate would melt in Texas 95+ degree weather, even if the vehicle had the air on full blast? Well certainly not my dumb butt icon_smile.gif !!! LOL
The cupcakes were so cute before I put them in the truck. My grandson's third birthday was going to be at a bowling alley, so I did chocolate bowling pins and balls. I put three bowling pins in each cupcake. As my husband and were leaving he went out to start the truck and get it cool. Well just a minute down the road all the tops of the pins started to fall over...the neck of the pin being the thinest part just gave way. By the time we got to the bowling alley 20 minutes away ever pin had bit the dust. I'm just glad it was for my grandson and family. But now I know....think!!! Will it hold up in the heat? So now I will always always use some type of support.

4 replies
auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 5

Sorry to here about your accident. Whenever I have to transport in the heat, I use dry ice. Place it in a big box, put your other items already boxed in that box and cover the whole thing with a super size trash liner. Works like a freezer (without freezing) keeps cakes, chocolates and other items from melting.

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 8:47pm
post #3 of 5

I know what you mean.. I live in Texas also and last week and this week are BRUTAL... ugh.....

I have one outdoor wedding this week and I am freaking out about the icing.

deeb173 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deeb173 Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you for the advice about the dry ice.

And I have a wedding in two weeks and they wanted buttercream and they were going to have the cake sitting outside.....I "advised" fondant and they agreed....all I could see was icing sliding down the cake in my mind.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 9:45pm
post #5 of 5

Yikes! I have an outdoor wedding this weekend as well. Its for my newphew who once lived with me, so of course I want it to be the best thing anybody sees. I'm already having nightmares about it falling apart. Weather is not supposed to be too hot, but outdoors anything can happen.

Good Luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%