3D Dog

Decorating By jen4230 Updated 14 Sep 2010 , 2:30pm by cfpeoples

jen4230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen4230 Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 6:48pm
post #1 of 5

I need to make a 3d dog cake for an upcoming birthday. My question is how do I make one? I was owndering if I bought the nordicware 3d sheep pan if I could turn it into a dog it kinda looks like a dog laying down with big ears I figure iw ouls just cut the ears off and work with it like that. anyone have any ideas on how tom ake one or if this idea would work? Thank you icon_redface.gif

4 replies
KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 7:53pm
post #2 of 5

Check out this link with photos of how to carve your own 3D dog.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-12974-dog.html+cake

It's by a fellow Cake Central member.

KimAZ

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 5
jen4230 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen4230 Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 12:36pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you for the ideas. It's a great help. I have now found out they want a small one for just her to keep so I wouldn't need a huge one so I'm thinking I will try try the lamb pan and see what happens. Again thank you. I don't know what I would do without this site icon_biggrin.gif

cfpeoples Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfpeoples Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 2:30pm
post #5 of 5

I've made a few of them. You can see them in my pictures. They are kind of lying down. I made the heads out of RKT and supported them with dowels. I covered the head seperate from the body and then covered where the head and body met, by putting the collar there. I just cut the hair design into the fondant with an x-acto. There are some really good dog cakes here on CC if you look too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%