Covering Cake Boards

Decorating By BRINKRDRATSMAMA Updated 13 Sep 2010 , 7:03pm by Motorhead

BRINKRDRATSMAMA  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BRINKRDRATSMAMA Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 6:33pm
post #1 of 5

I see where it appears that many of you use decorative wrapping paper to cover the boards that cakes are on. The ink / images don't rub off onto the cake? What have you found to be the most cost efficient yet decorative way to decorate boards. I am sick of silver / green foil.

4 replies
 Malakin  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 6:44pm
post #2 of 5

I usually buy mine already covered or use fondant that I have left over. Foil boards for smaller cakes.

mcdonald  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 7:01pm
post #3 of 5

if you use wrapping paper or something similar, you have to use clear contact paper on top of it to protect it.

SISA  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SISA Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 5

If you use wrapping paper to cover your boards you have to cover the wrapping paper in food safe clear contact paper or the ink will come off. But, it is a great way to get some cute patterns and colors to match your cakes.

Motorhead  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motorhead Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 5

i agree with previous poster BRINKRDRATSMAMA that i usually cover a board (depending on cake) with left over fondant. but i have used foil boards with ribbon trimming. i have never used any other type of material. but i have heard mention of some people using fabric and covering with clear plastic (found at walmart-like a picnic table clear plastic). i haven't tried that yet. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%