Covering Cake Boards

Decorating By BRINKRDRATSMAMA Updated 13 Sep 2010 , 7:03pm by Motorhead

BRINKRDRATSMAMA Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 6:33pm
post #1 of 5

I see where it appears that many of you use decorative wrapping paper to cover the boards that cakes are on. The ink / images don't rub off onto the cake? What have you found to be the most cost efficient yet decorative way to decorate boards. I am sick of silver / green foil.

4 replies
Malakin Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 6:44pm
post #2 of 5

I usually buy mine already covered or use fondant that I have left over. Foil boards for smaller cakes.

mcdonald Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 7:01pm
post #3 of 5

if you use wrapping paper or something similar, you have to use clear contact paper on top of it to protect it.

SISA Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 5

If you use wrapping paper to cover your boards you have to cover the wrapping paper in food safe clear contact paper or the ink will come off. But, it is a great way to get some cute patterns and colors to match your cakes.

Motorhead Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 5

i agree with previous poster BRINKRDRATSMAMA that i usually cover a board (depending on cake) with left over fondant. but i have used foil boards with ribbon trimming. i have never used any other type of material. but i have heard mention of some people using fabric and covering with clear plastic (found at walmart-like a picnic table clear plastic). i haven't tried that yet. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%