Using Fondant Shapes On Buttercream Frosting

Decorating By mary614 Updated 13 Sep 2010 , 6:40pm by pinkpiggie78

mary614 Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 4

I took a fondant class and I got mixed information. I am making a butter cream frosted cake and was thinking od adding fondant shapes to it. I will need to put the cake in the fridge but I am afraid the fondant shapes will slip once the cake comes out. Is there a way to avoid this? Or should I not use them? I am farely new to the world of fondant. I love how it looks but not sure all the "rules" to use it. Thank you for any info.

3 replies
tastyart Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 4

If you live where it is not humid then you shouldn't have any problems. Make sure that when you take it out of the fridge that you let any condensation dry before trying to cover it with anything. I recently moved to a humid area but haven't tested this process here. Hopefully someone can give info on high humidity locations. I would be worried that it would get too wet with condensation.

mcdonald Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 4

If the fridge isn't too cold then you should be okay..... but if it were me, I wouldn't .. I would wait to add the fondant until the very end.

Why are you having to put the cake in the fridg anyway?

pinkpiggie78 Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 4

I make buttercream cakes with fondant accents all the time. All my cakes go in the fridge and I have yet to have a problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%