Photo Question

Decorating By SugarSugarDesserts Updated 18 Sep 2010 , 12:21am by DSmo

SugarSugarDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarSugarDesserts Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 8

How come some people post their photos and get thousands of views and are on the most saved photos and everything but others only get a few views. I put in tons of key words to help my photos get found in searches but I still don't get a lot of views.
I don't think my cakes deserved to be in the most saved section or anything like that, but I would like to boost my views so I can get some comments and criticisms. I want to be better and like when others look at my work and tell me how I could have done it better.

7 replies
cakefairy03 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy03 Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 5:14pm
post #2 of 8

I think there are just sooo many photos being posted, it's hard to see each one. I know some people who have been on this site since it started and said they used to see every cake that had been posted that day. But now, there's no chance of that happening! I looked at your pictures and they look great! I think your numbers reflect the average number of looks a member might receive. Most of mine are around the same. Plus, not everyone has time to look at all the pictures posted, so they look at a couple of the most saved. That's how they get so many views and favorites. If you have specific questions about one of your cakes and want feedback, you can always post in the forums!

SugarSugarDesserts Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 8

thanks for you help!! icon_smile.gif

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 12:46pm
post #4 of 8

Recently read a forum that asked these same questions. There are so many people on the site and uploading that they simply cannot be seen. Also, there have been comments regarding the way you have to start back at the beginning every time you expand a thumbnail--nobody likes that.

If you go to the bottom of the Forum page you will see these statistics:
Our users have posted a total of 2271908 articles - We have 301090 registered users - In total there are 1970 users online - Most users ever online was 6692 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:00 pm

If every registered user posted just 3 pics that would be a million pics!
Cakefairy's idea was a good one. Get general validation of your new caking talents from family and friends. Get specific tips on specific issues via this forum. BTW, I looked at your photos and you do wonderful cakes! I commented on my favorite ones.

SugarSugarDesserts Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 2:11pm
post #5 of 8

Thank you for the information... THAT IS A LOT OF USERS!! icon_smile.gif Glad Cake Central is so popular! icon_smile.gif

JodieF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JodieF Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 12:02am
post #6 of 8

If you don't want to lose your place in the scroll, just right click on the photo you want to see and open in a new tab or in a new window.

The best way to look at the cake photos though, is to go to the Galleries, and click Last Uploads. You can see everything posted that way.

Jodie

jewelzbakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelzbakescakes Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 1:15am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodieF

If you don't want to lose your place in the scroll, just right click on the photo you want to see and open in a new tab or in a new window.

The best way to look at the cake photos though, is to go to the Galleries, and click Last Uploads. You can see everything posted that way.

Jodie

Great tip, thank you!

DSmo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DSmo Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 12:21am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarSugarDesserts

I would like to boost my views so I can get some comments and criticisms. I want to be better and like when others look at my work and tell me how I could have done it better.

I doubt you'd get these kinds of comments in the galleries. I've noticed that unless someone specifically asks for critique, people only post compliments. If you want really helpful feedback, the forum is probably your best bet.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%