I Have Bakers Block!

Decorating By JayRaye Updated 14 Sep 2010 , 3:15am by pursuing_perfection

JayRaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JayRaye Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 1:23pm
post #1 of 5

I'm looking to my fellow CCers for some creative help. I received a request for a cake, and I quote, "need going away /getting married cake for a coworker". They only want a 1/4 sheet. Wedding colors are ivory and brown. Then they later mention a "goodbye cake, starting a new journey".

Please help! Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

4 replies
3lilmunchkins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3lilmunchkins Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 1:49pm
post #2 of 5

Hi JayRaye,
If they want a 1/4 sheet cake how about making it like a luggage. I know you've seen those with maps or places traveled on them. Well how about making "maps" of their future journys together. Ex: getting married, having children, celebrating 50th anniversary etc.. Just one thought, hope it helps get the juices flowing.

pursuing_perfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pursuing_perfection Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 2:20pm
post #3 of 5

I had thought of luggage right away as well. 3lilmunchkins's idea of the "life map" sounds great. However, it may not be as applicable if this is a second or third marriage, or if they are older. Find out what you can about the couple and go from there. What about a bride and groom on luggage?

JayRaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JayRaye Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 5

I love the luggage idea. Thanks. The only downfall is that the person getting the cake doesn't seem to have much information, especially the groom.
Thought about doing a "chapter book" with a chapel on the one side and saying something to the way of " Best wishes... as you begin a new chapter in life". I don't know. Thank you so much for your help!!

pursuing_perfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pursuing_perfection Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:15am
post #5 of 5

The "new chapter in life" sounds pretty safe...and generic enough to cover the wedding, the move, and whatever other changes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%