Cream Cheese Under Fondant?

Baking By kickasscakes Updated 13 Sep 2010 , 5:49am by kickasscakes

kickasscakes Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 4:21am
post #1 of 9

I am worried about refrigeration....
I know this has probably been asked a million times, but when I am 'searching' for key words, I get random forum posts coming up, with nothing pertaining the the key words I am entering.

Any tips on how to do this? Is there a 'safe' cream cheese recipe to use?

Thanks

8 replies
kickasscakes Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 4:37am
post #2 of 9

anyone?

tinygoose Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 4:37am
post #3 of 9

You can refrigerate fondant, I do it all the time. Satin Ice refrigerates well, I've heard that Michele Fosters recipe does as well. Just don't touch it when you take it out of the fridge until the condensation dissipates.

dm321 Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 4:46am
post #4 of 9

cream cheese - icing?

worried about NOT refrigerating?

just trying to understand what you are asking...

~diem

kickasscakes Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 4:54am
post #5 of 9

Diem,
yes, I am looking for a safe cream cheese frosting, to use under fondant, so that I don't have to refrigerate. I am worried about the fondant bleeding, sweating, or colors running..... I am doing cupcakes with fondant domes... plenty of decorations on them, and I want to be sure they will be ok.

Thanks for your replies!

tinygoose Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 5:07am
post #6 of 9

I've refrigerated airbrushed cakes...black on white...see my Orca cake, and it didn't bleed or run at all. Pre-colored fondant vs painted fondant doesn't bleed either. It should be fine. The only time I've heard of problems is with certain marshmallow fondants, but I don't use those.

kickasscakes Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 5:14am
post #7 of 9

Thanks Tiny Goose. thumbs_up.gif

dm321 Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 5:43am
post #8 of 9

I had the purple bee cake in the refrigerator for an embarrassing amount of time... Just couldn't part with the little thing! Anyway, it didn't bleed.

Maybe make up a little figure or something with the fondant and leave it in the fridge overnight as a test to see if anything runs. Do you have the time for something like that?

Good Luck!
~diem

kickasscakes Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 5:49am
post #9 of 9

ya, think I might try that... I do have time, cc's aren't due til Friday.
Good idea! Thanks so much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%