I Have A Question, Does Anyone Give Refunds For There Cakes

Decorating By Eatmoorecakes Updated 16 Sep 2010 , 6:16pm by Eatmoorecakes

Eatmoorecakes Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 1:15am
post #1 of 8

I'm asking the question because one of the ladies I did a cake for did not like fondant so I'm really like no but.... I wanna say give me the cake back lol. How do you deal with customers that want there money back I really should have told her to go to jewels to get her cake.

7 replies
princesscatt Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 1:23am
post #2 of 8

When she ordered the cake did she specify no fondant? I always discuss whether the cake will have all buttercream or fondant on it. I have given a price break b/c on one cake I did part of the figures had broken off. But I have not had anyone ask for all their money back. You could offer a partial refund if you wanted to.

TheBlonde Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 1:24am
post #3 of 8

Huh? I need more details. Did she ask for fondant or did she want buttercream and you made it wrong? If you didn't deliver what she ordered than yes, give a refund but if she signed the paperwork with the details and she just decided she didn't like the taste of it...absolutely not!

Eatmoorecakes Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 1:30am
post #4 of 8

Thanks ladies her paperwork had the baby blocks on them and it listed everything fondant letters etc. And buttercream under the fondant. Next time I'm guessing I need to be more clear I guess I'm just a little frustrated and I hate when someone doesn't like my cakes.

TheBlonde Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 1:47am
post #5 of 8

If your paperwork specifically said buttercream under fondant then no, I would not refund.

Eatmoorecakes Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 2:03am
post #6 of 8

Thank you for your comments I just have to get a tougher skin. My first customer that gave me a little problem

adventuregal Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 6:29am
post #7 of 8

I would have just told her...when people order fondant for the look and don't like the taste they peel the fondant off before eating...her wanting a refund sounds so weird! I guess if I ordered a chocolate cake, for example, and it tasted like garbage I would want my money back. But fondant doesn't taste like much at all and she knew it would be on the cake from the beginning icon_confused.gif I vote no refund, but yes, in certain circumstances customers get refunds. It's on a case by case basis imo-I haven't had an issue YET, but if I get one I'll probably only refund if 1. I got the order wrong, 2. I got the order right, but royally screwed it up, or 3. I forgot all together haha I hope none of these happen.

Eatmoorecakes Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 6:16pm
post #8 of 8

thank you so much

Quote by @%username% on %date%