2 Questions: Wasc And Cream Cheese Icing Help (Please)

Decorating By JustGettinStarted Updated 13 Sep 2010 , 12:23am by JustGettinStarted

JustGettinStarted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustGettinStarted Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 12:04am
post #1 of 3

Okay, I have 2 questions:

1. I'm using a WASC variation (White Velvet) and since it has sour cream and creamer in it, does it need to be refrigerated? I know refrigeration is normally a no-no because it can dry it out, but didn't know if it was necessary for this cake. I'm making it for a wedding and I think the reception may be outdoors...will it be okay?

2. I'm using Kathy Finholt's crusting cream cheese recipe under MMF. Does it need to be kept cold as either? My friends are picking the cake up Wednesday night for an afternoon reception on Thursday and want to know if they are going to need to get a refrigerator to keep the cake in. If so, how long before they plan on serving it do they need to sit it out to come to room temp?

Thanks so much!

2 replies
julesh268 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julesh268 Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 12:15am
post #2 of 3

Neither need to be refrigerated at all. I would keep them in a cool area (not in your kitchen or other hot room) until it is time to pull it out.

JustGettinStarted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustGettinStarted Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 12:23am
post #3 of 3

Okay thank you and sorry this is in the wrong forum...CC has been acting up on me and I am just realizing there is a whole recipe forum! Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%