Whats The Difference B/t Your Wedding & General Contract

Business By Dreme Updated 14 Sep 2010 , 11:05am by indydebi

Dreme Posted 12 Sep 2010 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 2

I kind of want every client to sign for many of the same things that are in my wedding contract for their orders. Right now they sign for just whats listed on my basic policy (rentals, delivery waiver, basics, etc) in a small paragraph at the bottom of the invoice.

Thing is most clients sign when they pickup. I don't send out the policy to each person as many of my emails are already lengthy and the basic policy info is listed on my website. They can read it there. Many of the clients are in a hurry and won't really read the the new policy, much less the basic policy when they pick up the cake. What is the best way to approach this? I know most people will be scared off from a contract that is a couple of pages long. I don't want to hear people fuss. Just pen hitting the paper. I'm just trying to cover myself in case they do pull something. What do I do?

Yes, I'm kinda ranting here. I'm trying to get ready for two weddings this weekend and people want to nitpick at everything this week. From why do I use fondant on my cookies to if they can change the color of the stand rental. Can't wait to the 30th when it is all over.

TIA

1 reply
indydebi Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 11:05am
post #2 of 2

I had one contract for weddings, non-wedding cakes and catering. Same form for everything, no matter what. I told them the contract was designed for caterings and some things would not apply ..... and I would put an "N/A" in the check-off box next to that item.

My contract was NOT an order form. It was a separate document and was strictly a contract. The bottom line read "This contract, together with all order forms, constitutes the full contractual agreement with client."

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%