How To Make Hockey Puck Tread?

Decorating By amyroy1 Updated 11 Sep 2010 , 11:07pm by DianeLM

amyroy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyroy1 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 2:33pm
post #1 of 7

How can I make tread marks onto a cake, like the tread on a hockey puck?

thanks for your help.. icon_smile.gif

6 replies
luddroth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luddroth Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 7

I made a construction site cake (see my photos) and just rolled a toy tractor with treads along the soft fondant. Then I emphasized the imprints with some black petal dust. It lookes pretty convincing.

amyroy1 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 7

wow, all of your cakes a so great. thanks for the idea..the treads on a puck are like x's..

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 6:13pm
post #4 of 7

I have used needlepoint canvas. Because it's not very deep, I got a better impression off the cake. After rolling over the canvas on the fondant with a rolling pin, I trimmed the fondant and wrapped it around the cake. Then, placed a circle of fondant on top. Unfortunately, the impression didn't show up in any photos, but it was really cool in person. icon_smile.gif

luddroth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luddroth Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 6:56pm
post #5 of 7

Sorry, I grew up in Minnesota -- you would think I would remember what a hockey puck looks like!

amyroy1 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 7:09pm
post #6 of 7

DIANELM..thank you it's a great idea..I just bought a fine mesh plastic square from the fabric store. It's going to work.I appreciate yur help..by the way, the bow cake is great.. perfect bow.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 11:07pm
post #7 of 7

Hope it works for you amyroy1! I've also used the plastic mesh to make the rubber floor you see at an ice rink. I'd show you a pic, but the site won't allow pics to be uploaded at the moment. If you really want to see it, you can email me at eyedewcakes @ yahoo . com (take out spaces).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%