How To Make Hockey Puck Tread?

Decorating By amyroy1 Updated 11 Sep 2010 , 11:07pm by DianeLM

amyroy1 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 2:33pm
post #1 of 7

How can I make tread marks onto a cake, like the tread on a hockey puck?

thanks for your help.. icon_smile.gif

6 replies
luddroth Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 2:53pm
post #2 of 7

I made a construction site cake (see my photos) and just rolled a toy tractor with treads along the soft fondant. Then I emphasized the imprints with some black petal dust. It lookes pretty convincing.

amyroy1 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 7

wow, all of your cakes a so great. thanks for the idea..the treads on a puck are like x's..

DianeLM Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 6:13pm
post #4 of 7

I have used needlepoint canvas. Because it's not very deep, I got a better impression off the cake. After rolling over the canvas on the fondant with a rolling pin, I trimmed the fondant and wrapped it around the cake. Then, placed a circle of fondant on top. Unfortunately, the impression didn't show up in any photos, but it was really cool in person. icon_smile.gif

luddroth Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 6:56pm
post #5 of 7

Sorry, I grew up in Minnesota -- you would think I would remember what a hockey puck looks like!

amyroy1 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 7:09pm
post #6 of 7

DIANELM..thank you it's a great idea..I just bought a fine mesh plastic square from the fabric store. It's going to work.I appreciate yur help..by the way, the bow cake is great.. perfect bow.

DianeLM Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 11:07pm
post #7 of 7

Hope it works for you amyroy1! I've also used the plastic mesh to make the rubber floor you see at an ice rink. I'd show you a pic, but the site won't allow pics to be uploaded at the moment. If you really want to see it, you can email me at eyedewcakes @ yahoo . com (take out spaces).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%