Pricing Question...

Decorating By cakebaby59 Updated 11 Sep 2010 , 10:11am by tyty

cakebaby59 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 7:21am
post #1 of 5

I have a bride who wants me to stack her individual cheesecakes to look like a wedding cake...I would be using my own supplies ie plates and such. How would I go about charging? I am not baking the cheesecakes...she is getting them elsewhere. Thanks...Linda

4 replies
brincess_b Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 7:55am
post #2 of 5

in that case, your probably just look at charging an hourly rate, time there and back, how long to prepare the cheesecakes for stacking, how long to set up, a charge for equipment and see what you get.
xx

AbouttheCake Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 9:22am
post #3 of 5

Personally, I wouldn't do it. That's what Wilton and Martha Stewart supplies are for. (not trying to be snarky here). You could rent her the materials/stand to set it up if you wanted to. There are so many stand options out there anymore, that are well suited for a do it yourselfer. She could have the equipment at the reception and the venue could do it.

indydebi Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 9:25am
post #4 of 5

MINIMUM..... $25/hour, 4 hour min. She's not just paying for your time. She's paying for your skill. If she was just paying for time, she could pay her 14 year old niece to do it.

tyty Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 10:11am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

MINIMUM..... $25/hour, 4 hour min. She's not just paying for your time. She's paying for your skill. If she was just paying for time, she could pay her 14 year old niece to do it.

I just love you Indydebi, to paint the whole picture. I didin't think about it that way lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%