Quick-Dry Lily Nail Flowers

Decorating By Frost-It-4-Me Updated 11 Sep 2010 , 10:01pm by Susie53

Frost-It-4-Me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Frost-It-4-Me Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 3:36am
post #1 of 8

I'm making buttercream flowers for a cake to be delivered in 36 hours. I'm worried the flowers won't dry. Is there a way to quick-dry them, like the oven or a hairdryer?

7 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 3:41am
post #2 of 8

Why not make them with royal icing?

Frost-It-4-Me Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 3:44am
post #3 of 8

Lack of experience with Royal Icing. Should have tried it in the first place, but too late now.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 4:02am
post #4 of 8

So, you already made lilies with buttercream... when were they finished?

I've never heard of making them in advance with BC (only piped directly on the cake)... have you done it before?

I'm curious how you get the foil pulled off of them without cracking them in half or worse. I hope you made plenty of extras... I have a hard time getting enough dried RI ones that don't break.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 4:05am
post #5 of 8

I have some old american cake decorating books. This lady did several tutorials on making b/c flowers in the lily nail. I have done them also. you let them dry in the oven with the light on. Be sure you don,t forget they are in there and turn oven on. Mine did not break., but i guess they could. I was really easy with them when taking them off the nail. I hope you have good luck with yours. She made so many kinds with the lily nail.

Frost-It-4-Me Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 2:17pm
post #6 of 8

Have made flowers many times like this, they dry and the foil comes off, no issue. But this was a last-minute cake I shouldn't have agreed to. Thanks for your input.

cakeythings1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeythings1961 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 9:16pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101

I have some old american cake decorating books.

Can you tell me the titles of these books? I love the old ones....some of them have great ideas. tia!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 10:01pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeythings1961

Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101

I have some old american cake decorating books.

Can you tell me the titles of these books? I love the old ones....some of them have great ideas. tia!

I'd love to know the title too, please... icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%