Create A Flat Fondant Image

Decorating By amyroy1 Updated 11 Sep 2010 , 4:09pm by 7yyrt

amyroy1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amyroy1 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 1:16am
post #1 of 9

Hello fellow bakers icon_smile.gif ...Can someone please tell me how to create an image (Blackhawks,specifically) using fondant? I have looked everywhere and cannot find a tutorial for this ..It's just a flat image. Do I cut out separate peices and lay on top of each?
Help, Please. Thank you very much for the help.

8 replies
7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 2:06am
post #3 of 9

Hi, I did one of a herald angel for a birthday cake(person loves angels) and I did mine using the image like a pattern. I printed the image and then proceeded to cut each area until the image was completely apart, layed each piece on the colored fondant and used a knife to cut each piece out and then used food markers to add depth lines. Look in my photos for the herald angel. princess.gif

amyroy1 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 2:17am
post #4 of 9

7yyrt..Thank you, I like this, but can it be place on a fondant covered cake> The cake will looklike a hockey puck covered in black fondant.

amyroy1 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 2:19am
post #5 of 9

Dorie67..I think your cakes are great! Love the angel. I need to figure out how to put it together. (any thoughts on that..how to go abouot it)? I appreciate the help fellow bakers!

dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 2:29am
post #6 of 9

Thank you amyroy1, I cut all my pieces, put the image together and made sure all pieces fit properly, then I used a paint brush and a little water to glue the image together, let it sit for about 20-30 minutes so it had the chance to dry slightly and then lifted it on the cake. princess.gif

Acjohnson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Acjohnson Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 2:35am
post #7 of 9

I just did one, I cut the basic shape out in gumpaste so it will get a bit stiff. I then layered it with fondant to match the image. I tried to do fbct but it was a big fail for me. Good Luck

amyroy1 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 2:31pm
post #8 of 9

hi everyone..again, thanks for the help. I found this, and I want to share it..It's like Dorie67's, but it is actually the same image I wish to create. It's pretty nice.

http://scrappytess.blogspot.com/2009/12/chicago-blackhawks-hockey-cake.html

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 4:09pm
post #9 of 9

Oh excellent!
Yes, it looks like the entire shape silhouette was cut from black fondant,
then the face and feathers set on top,
white accents to the face look like fondant (black cut out, red painted),
feather accents are piped icing,
and the yellow could be either icing or a fondant rope.
All set on top of a red fondant circle.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%