What Is Bettercreme?!

Baking By sumerae Updated 11 Sep 2010 , 12:15pm by AnnieCahill

sumerae Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 5

All this time I've been thinking people just had a typo when they said bettercreme...what the heck is it?! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
peg818 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 8:36pm
post #2 of 5

its a product that is put out by Riches. It is a light a fluffy type icing that the grocery stores often use. It come frozen in a quart container, and you just whip it in the mixer.

sumerae Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 5

so does it crust, is it something people use on the outside of cakes then decoratations on top?

peg818 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 9:18pm
post #4 of 5

It doesn't crust. And people use it in all sorts of ways. But yes it can be used to ice the outside of the cake. My limited experience with it, is that i use it to make fruit mousse type fillings that are shelf stable. I either just mix jam in to the whipped icing or mix the sleeve fillings in.

AnnieCahill Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 12:15pm
post #5 of 5

It doesn't crust as much as it "films." It's not something you can smooth with a Viva. To me, the texture and taste are identical to Cool Whip. It just doesn't have to be refrigerated, which is why people like to use it for fillings. I have used it for fillings and I iced a cake with it once. I definitely didn't prefer that over a regular buttercream. It all depends on what you like.

Quote by @%username% on %date%