Am I The Only One Who Doesn't Like Belly Cakes?

Lounge By anxietyattack Updated 14 Sep 2010 , 10:34pm by angelwings1

anxietyattack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anxietyattack Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 3:53pm
post #31 of 35

Well, I'm pretty petite. I'm 5'1" and even at 9 months 2 weeks my belly button did not stick out. Hahaha. I know many women do but I wasn't one. I did have very active babies though. Someone in line next to me at walmart one time remarked that they could see the baby moving!

The nipples thing... maybe it has to do with freezing the cake? hahahahahaha. ahhhhh

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 13 Sep 2010 , 4:56pm
post #32 of 35

No. Nononononononononono! I am one of those rare women who is not enthralled with the whole small humans thing and actually get kind of wigged out when I see a pregnant belly (why oh why did it become popular to pose nude while 8mos along on mag covers? I'm trying to buy GROCERIES here folks!)

tapedshut.gif

So I think belly cakes, while some are really done well and have lovely designs are, um... icky. Just the thought of cutting into it - ""shiver""! thumbsdown.gif

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 2:46am
post #33 of 35

*raises hand abruptly* I HATE BELLY CAKES! icon_lol.gif actually, i turned down a cake order this summer because I just couldn't do it. well, I was nice about it...and she just found someone else to do it. I was like "GOOD!" icon_twisted.gif

iluvpeeks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvpeeks Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:26am
post #34 of 35

AHHH Congrats emrldsky. Elcee, yes that was it!!!!!!!!
Kathy

angelwings1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelwings1 Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 10:34pm
post #35 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansaslaura

Ok, curiosity got the best of me so I went searching.

This isn't a belly cake---it's actually a fetus cake.

I thought poop cakes were bad.. this is REALLY bad. I have no words....

http://cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1631406.html

That's pretty sick and twisted, IMHO. I personally think the pregnant belly cakes are pretty (except the one that I saw where the whole belly was out, shirt up and jean shorts way down). It wouldn't bother me to cut into one of those. But, this one of the baby? Just wrong. thumbsdown.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%