Using "bettercreme" To Fill What To Use To Cover F

Decorating By divinecc Updated 16 Sep 2010 , 7:30pm by mom2twogrlz

divinecc Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 8

I know u can't use bettercreme under fondant and I am using it for a cookies and cream filling in a chocolate cake. What flavor of frosting do you think would taste good with the c&c filling to crumb coat before fondant? I usually use ganache but they don't want it. Thanks

7 replies
mom2twogrlz Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 8

That is one of my most popular cakes. I use the Chocolate Frosting on the Hershey's Coco can. It is awesome and tastes just like fudge!!!!

dm321 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 5:31pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by divinecc

I know u can't use bettercreme under fondant and I am using it for a cookies and cream filling in a chocolate cake. What flavor of frosting do you think would taste good with the c&c filling to crumb coat before fondant? I usually use ganache but they don't want it. Thanks

Why can't you use bettercream under fondant? I didn't know this...

Thanks,
~diem

divinecc Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 5:40pm
post #4 of 8

Thanks, I was thinking chocolate but haven't ever tried it with my cookies and cream bettercreme filling, if you like I will take your word for it!!!

mom2twogrlz Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 5:56pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm321

Quote:

Thanks,
~diem

"Bettercreme", not buttercream, makes the fondant gooy, too much moisture. Buttercreams are fine, atleast a crusting buttercream is.

divinecc Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 7:45pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dm321

Quote:

Thanks,
~diem

Yea bettercream makes it look wrinkly, i have used fondant toppers for cupcakes with bettercreme and they were fine 3 hrs later but i wouldnt push it

divinecc Posted 15 Sep 2010 , 10:24pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2twogrlz

That is one of my most popular cakes. I use the Chocolate Frosting on the Hershey's Coco can. It is awesome and tastes just like fudge!!!!

I used the frosting you recommended, tasted great but for some reason when I made it I kept getting streaks of butter on the side of the bowl, no matter how much I mixed or added powdered sugar it didn't help. I'm wondering if it is because it calls for melted butter? Does this ever happen to you?

mom2twogrlz Posted 16 Sep 2010 , 7:30pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2twogrlz

I used the frosting you recommended, tasted great but for some reason when I made it I kept getting streaks of butter on the side of the bowl, no matter how much I mixed or added powdered sugar it didn't help. I'm wondering if it is because it calls for melted butter? Does this ever happen to you?

Yes, that always happens to me, but they don't show up in the frosting, so I don't worry about it. It even happens after I put it in the fridge and rewhip. I don't know why, but I just roll with it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%