Question About Dividing Wasc Batter

Baking By chrisviz Updated 10 Sep 2010 , 5:33pm by chrisviz

chrisviz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisviz Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 4:52pm
post #1 of 3

Hello everyone. I want to do a batch of cupcakes but dont actually want two batches of batter. If I was to divide a batch of WASC into two, what would be the best way to make one of the halves chocolate? Would it be a partial box of chocolate pudding or cocoa powder? I am sure someone here has done this before icon_smile.gif

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

2 replies
DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 5:23pm
post #2 of 3

The WASC recipe doesn't have to be two mixes. I always calculate amount of batter per box of mix. One mix (plus the extras, of course) makes approx. 6.5 cups of batter. If I need 30 cups of batter (like I did for the cake I made yesterday), I divide 30 by 6.5. It came out to just a little over 4 1/2 boxes of mix. I made 5 mixes so I could have extra.

I've made one mix, one and half mixes, 2 and half mixes and 3 and a half mixes.

All you need to do is make one white mix - just divide the additional ingredients in half.

Then, make one chocolate mix. I, personally, use DH Devil's Food, substitute all the water with brewed coffee (cooled) and throw in about a 1/4 cup cocoa.

With that said, I HATE the chococlate cupcakes the WASC recipe makes! They are spongy and gross! I swear, it's like biting into a foam pillow. For cupcakes, I just use straight mix with no additions.

chrisviz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrisviz Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 5:33pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks DianeLM... I made one batch of chocolate WASC cupcakes and had the same thing happen...thought I did something wrong. Now that I know it wasnt me icon_smile.gif I think I will steer clear from it for CC's.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%