Cupcake Size?

Baking By auntbeesbaking Updated 19 Sep 2010 , 1:50am by BoozeBabe

auntbeesbaking Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 3:29pm
post #1 of 5

May I ask what size pans people use for cupcakes? I see that a lot of bakeries, etc. have something that is bigger than regular but not jumbo. What size is that? Where do you get those pans and cupcake liners?

Have a good weekend everyone! icon_smile.gif

4 replies
LindaF144a Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 2:04pm
post #2 of 5

Do you by any chance have a photo? Can you explain where you saw them? In person, on the internet?

And do you mean the cup size or 12 vs. 24 in one pan?

I'm curious about this too.

mombabytiger Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 8:35pm
post #3 of 5

I'm curious too. Regular muffin tins make them too small and the jumbos are too big. If you go to a cupcake bakery, they are somewhere in between. Would love to know where to get those pans!

CrazyCatLady Posted 18 Sep 2010 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 5

It just depends on the actual pan you are using. Some pans have slightly smaller openings than others - even though they are all described the same way.

I have regular muffin/cupcake pans by Chicago Metallics, and I am never happy with the size of my cupcakes. The cupcake liners never want to fit in perfectly and end up warping when I fill them with batter.

Wilton has a cupcake pan that clearly has wider, shallower openings than mine. It appears that the cupcake liners wouldn't be as squished as they are in mine now, and the cupcake would be allowed to have a slightly broader top, as the opening appears a bit more flared.

I will be buying the Wilton ones with coupons and save my current ones for muffins!

Just compare a few brands in the store and buy whichever one has the widest diameter.

BoozeBabe Posted 19 Sep 2010 , 1:50am
post #5 of 5

I found some slightly larger cups at my local meijer store. They are the kind that have a foil outer cup. They were free standing because of the foil. Good thing because my cupcake baking pans hold the basic smaller size. These were NOT the big jumbo cups. i really liked the size. I beleive they were about $2 for a box of 24.

Quote by @%username% on %date%