Why Are My Images Printing Like Crap!!?? ...help

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 10 Sep 2010 , 7:44pm by icingimages

Mikel79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mikel79 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 9:50am
post #1 of 11

Hi Cakers!

I am having issues with my edible printer. The black seems to clog all the time. I purchased a electronic steamer and steamed the he** out of the printer head....TWICE. Did a nozzle check, did a deep cleaning. Settings are on Plain paper and High Quality.

It will print one image ok, but when I go to print another in about 10 minutes it is faded and horrible looking. I wait about 20 minutes after I steam before I place the ink back in the printer head.

When I print the image from my regular printer with regular ink, the quality is amazing with deep and rich colors. I have tried to attach the pictures to this message, but something is still wrong with CC, it will not allow me to post the pics????

Why is it that my printer will not print more than 1 good picture after I have steamed it??
Thanks
Michael

10 replies
kathyx1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathyx1 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 10:41am
post #2 of 11

I'm also having issues with my printer at the moment. I took the print head and cartridges into the 'ink' shop (I know the guy) and he cleaned it out but it is still faded looking. May be time for a new printer icon_sad.gif

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 11:14am
post #3 of 11

Hi:
You both could be having two seperate issues.
First I need to know what printer you are using and what inks, how old your cartridges are, if you ever refilled and how many times you refilled.
Then, your printer settings should be set to matte or glossy paper and the printing quality should be at standard.
Thank you

Mikel79 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 11:30am
post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

Hi:
You both could be having two seperate issues.
First I need to know what printer you are using and what inks, how old your cartridges are, if you ever refilled and how many times you refilled.
Then, your printer settings should be set to matte or glossy paper and the printing quality should be at standard.
Thank you

Hi Debbie!

I have a Canon IP4700. I bought it in May on this year. Still new. I am a home baker, it does not get used a lot. I try to print at least something once a week. The ink is from KopyKake.com the same time I bought the printer. Never refilled. Still the same cartridges. According to your post, I have my settings set up incorrectly. Do you think that will make a difference?

Debbie, Should I clean the printhead again for the THIRD time within this week, since it is not printing correctly?

Mikel79 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 2:50pm
post #5 of 11

Debbie are you there?? icon_biggrin.gif

Mikel79 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 5:03pm
post #6 of 11

icon_biggrin.gif

icingimages Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 5:49pm
post #7 of 11

Hi Mikel
Sorry I had an event at my childs school this morning. I did answer your pm. but to put ta note up here as well for all to see, the settings will make a difference. You can tell if the problem is your printhead by seeing if the nozzle check is coming out well. If it is, then it is your settings, not your printhead. So do a nozzle check, see how it is coming out there. Many times it is not the printhead. I cant speak for KK inks as to how well they perform..or not but if the nozzle check is clear then you need to look at your settings.

Mikel79 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 6:05pm
post #8 of 11

Thanks Debbie!

Would it hurt the printer head if I cleaned it again for the 3rd time within 4 days with the steamer?

Thanks,
Michael

HobbyCaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HobbyCaker Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 6:22pm
post #9 of 11

Wow, must be Edible Image Printer Horror Week. Having trouble with mine too, Thanks to Debbie for taking the time to answer all our questions.

Michael, where did you find instructions on steam cleaning your printer head? My printer set unused for 6 mos., new ink/new paper but am getting lines down my image. Debbie is pm'ing back with me about it too.

Mikel79 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 6:32pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyCaker

Wow, must be Edible Image Printer Horror Week. Having trouble with mine too, Thanks to Debbie for taking the time to answer all our questions.

Michael, where did you find instructions on steam cleaning your printer head? My printer set unused for 6 mos., new ink/new paper but am getting lines down my image. Debbie is pm'ing back with me about it too.

I recvd. the directions with the steamer. However, I bought it from icingimages.com

I am sure Debbie would share it with you, if not PM me and I will let you know! =)

Michael

icingimages Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 7:44pm
post #11 of 11

Mikel, you can steam it again, but I dont think that is the problem. Check your nozzle check to see if all the colors are coming out. You only want to use the steamer to clean clogs. If the nozzle check is printing ok, then the problem is elsewhere.

Hobbycaker, if you need the steamer instructions, email me directly at [email protected] and I will send them in an attachment back to you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%