I Finally Got My Website Up!!

Lounge By TheSweetestThingCS Updated 14 Sep 2010 , 9:22am by sexy_baker

TheSweetestThingCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSweetestThingCS Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 3:57am
post #1 of 17

im so happy with my website! been working sooo hard on it.

www.thesweetestthingcs.com
(mod edited to provide link.)

i just needed feedback on it from other bakers. let me know what you guys think!!!

16 replies
Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 4:17am
post #2 of 17

Man, if I lived on that side of the country, I'd definitely want to try one of your cakes. The website is extraordinarily professional--well done!

LOVED the Winter Wonderland cake; those berries are exquisite.

Curious, what is "old noveltyed chocolate"?

TheSweetestThingCS Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 4:20am
post #3 of 17

crap, typo. ill fix it now. its old fashioned cake. lmao thanks for letting me know!!! and thanks for the compliments!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 4:29am
post #4 of 17

That is a beautiful website! The only problem I had was figuring out that I just had to click on the enlarged image to minimize it again. I thought the site was stuck until I discovered I just had to click it again.

TheSweetestThingCS Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 4:38am
post #5 of 17

i know, im still fixing things. i hate that too but im trying to figure out how to make it with arrows so you can go thru the gallery. =/ sorry thanks anyways!

alleykat1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alleykat1 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 4:43am
post #6 of 17

wow very cool site, what hosting company did you use and how did you learn how to do it?

TheSweetestThingCS Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 4:48am
post #7 of 17

I designed th website and my husband set it up. i just learned flash, its a flash based site. im hosted by mediatemple.com but im changing to godaddy soon. thanks!

alleykat1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alleykat1 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 4:53am
post #8 of 17

thanks I have been thinking about an intuit site but not sure if I can do it..

wildflower_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflower_girl Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 5:03am
post #9 of 17

I absolutely adore your work. The first wedding cake (asian inspired) took my breath away.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 12:05pm
post #10 of 17

Great job! My web site is on paper and I meet with my husband's IT person tonight to get me started. You are so right about the time, but you must be proud. I see where you have plenty of room to expand your pictures while it looks great with just a few. You will make a very good first impression with that site.

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 1:03pm
post #11 of 17

Your website is so profesional and amazing...

mayo2222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mayo2222 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 1:35pm
post #12 of 17

Its a very nice site with some very nice cakes.

I do have one concern which is your cake toppers section. There are a lot of trademarked characters which are fine if you obtained a license to produce them or they made for personal use, but technically you really can't sell them without getting a license.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 2:50pm
post #13 of 17

I love your website and your work too!!

Those toppers are just amazing...

stacey71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacey71 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 5:19pm
post #14 of 17

I love your website. Very classy! I also checked out your etsy page. You do beautiful work. One question though, on your etsy page, it says that your cake toppers are made from polymer clay and detailed with acrylic paint. So that is safe to put on a cake? Your figurines are absolutely darling icon_smile.gif

TheSweetestThingCS Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 5:24pm
post #15 of 17

yup! its all non-toxic. safe to even put directly on buttercream. =) no deaths as of yet lmao JKJKJKJKJK!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 5:54pm
post #16 of 17

Congratulations TheSwettestThingCS!

Your website is beautiful, classy and elegant, and I know Flash is not easy. I went all the way to advanced classes once (I'm a designer).

Other than I expected arrows to keep on clicking through the photos, I don't see anything else you would need to do. It only took me a second to figure out that you were using the method of clicking on and off, though, so no biggie. Sometimes I do prefer that method so that I don't have to watch 200 photos in a specific order.

Do keep in mind, though, that Flash sites are not being read on the iPad and the iPhone, and with so many people buying these devices and checking things on the road, the future doesn't look too bright for Flash.

Make sure that you have an alternate way for those people to get through that includes at the very least your name, address and phone number, just in case people are trying to get to it while on the road. I read in the Culinary Institute of America newsletter that they're especially advising this to restaurants. Maybe that's where your etsy page will come in play.

You do beautiful work!

sexy_baker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sexy_baker Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 9:22am
post #17 of 17

Wow, I love your website...and it's only been a few cakes you've put up. How much more if you added lots more to it. Keep it up! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%