Cookies On Sticks

Baking By agconner Updated 10 Sep 2010 , 3:28pm by imagenthatnj

agconner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agconner Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 3:56am
post #1 of 4

I was wondering if anyone puts the stick in the cookie after they have been baked. I always bake them with the stick in but I found a new molded cookie pan that I would like to buy. If you do put the stick in the cookie after it is baked, how to you do this? Put a little royal icing on it to make sure it holds?
Thanks

3 replies
OneCreativeCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OneCreativeCookie Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 2:54pm
post #2 of 4

I put the stick in after baking - you have to do it quickly, while they are still warm and then the cookie cools around it. So much easier than baking them in! However, I do not use the cookie pop sticks - they were just too fat. I use a bamboo skewer for the cookies I am doing in an arrangement. I have stickers on each package to warn customers to remove the cookie from the stick before eating. My kids just came home from a party with wooden chopsticks (from a game they played) and it made me think that I should try to find these as the end is not as sharp, but would still slide into the cookie easily...

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 3:06pm
post #3 of 4

I do just as the PP does. I insert bamboo skewers right after they come out of the oven. Don't wait for the cookie to cool to move it to a cooling rack, you need it warm to put the stick in. I move the cookies to the cooling rack and then insert the stick while slowly turning it so it goes in easier. As the cookie cools it "shrinks" up around the stick, and the moisture that is in the warm cookie helps to "glue" the stick in the cookie.

Now, there are others who use royal icing or chocolate to attach the stick after the cookie as cooled. Either on the back or by inserting it into the cookie.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 3:28pm
post #4 of 4

I know someone who uses the paper lollipop sticks (safe for children) that she has sharpened with a thin pencil sharpener.

Of course I wouldn't do this if I had to do 300.

And yes, you insert as soon as you take them out of the oven, while they're still warm.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%