Question About Carrot Cake

Decorating By uniquecreations Updated 10 Sep 2010 , 10:57pm by uniquecreations

uniquecreations Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 10

Has anyone ever made a scratch carrot cake in a shhet cake, I have a customer that wants carrot cake for her dads birthday cake but she wants a 1/2 sheet cake I am just wondering with a cake that big will it get done. I bought a carrot cake box mix just in case has anyone tried the boxed carrot cake from BC?

9 replies
Swede-cakes Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 10

When that Decadent Carrot Cake (not sure which brand) came out, I decided to try it to see how it compared to scratch. It was supposed to be superior to reg. box carrot mix. The carrots were in a little packet and were moist but I didn't care for the flavor of them. There was a bitterness that you don't get with fresh sweet carrots.

If you're asking if a sheet style scratch carrot cake will get done in terms of baking all the way through, I would say yes. If you're worried, then just grease up some rose nails and use them to distribute the heat to the center.

Does that help?

uniquecreations Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 10:14pm
post #3 of 10

YES!!!!! thank you so much that was a concern of mine that they would cut into the cake and it would not be done

dchockeyguy Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 10:33pm
post #4 of 10

I generally bake a sheet (or half sheet even) at 325. It takes longer to bake, but you don't end up getting outer parts too done bfore the middle.

sweetcakes Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 10:44pm
post #5 of 10

and line the pan with parchment paper so you can get the cake out in one piece.

uniquecreations Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 3:30am
post #6 of 10

thank you all I really appreciate you guys!!!!!

Apti Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 4:06am
post #7 of 10

howdy. I made some doctored carrot cake for a church bake sale and they came out wonderful; no one would ever know it wasn't scratch. Here's the recipe I used:
1 (18.5 ounce) package of the regular Duncan Hines carrot cake mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice

I added grated carrots, can't remember how much, but I was pretty generous and they still blended well into the finished cake.

Here's the link to the original recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/carrot-cake-iv/Detail.aspx

uniquecreations Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 12:20pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apti

howdy. I made some doctored carrot cake for a church bake sale and they came out wonderful; no one would ever know it wasn't scratch. Here's the recipe I used:
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs

I added grated carrots, can't remember how much, but I was pretty generous and they still blended well into the finished cake.

Here's the link to the original recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/carrot-cake-iv/Detail.aspx

THANKS SO MUCH this is awesome!!!!!!!!!

Apti Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 5:18pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by uniquecreations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apti

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs

THANKS SO MUCH this is awesome!!!!!!!!!

You are very welcome. Would you mind letting me know if you like the cake as much as I did?

uniquecreations Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 10:57pm
post #10 of 10

I sure will!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%