Need Ideas For A Ladies Only Conference.

Decorating By VickeyC Updated 14 Sep 2010 , 12:59pm by VickeyC

VickeyC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VickeyC Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 9

I need help with an idea for a ladies only conference this weekend. The name of the event is "Women of Hope Conference". The scripture that is being quoted on the website is "Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12."
I would like to keep the cake very simple, but pretty. I have already baked a sheet cake, but will be baking another cake as well. We are expecting between 400 and 500 women for this event. There will be a free lunch served, so the cake will be one of several deserts that will be offered.
Also, if you are in the area of Jamestown TN, please come and join in on a wonderful time of Worship, Healing, Love, Learning, & Praise. Key note speaker is Sylvia Harney with several break out sessions to follow. thumbs_up.gif

Thanks for any and all ideas! icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
VickeyC Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 10:08pm
post #2 of 9

Thanks sugaah for the wonderful ideas that you sent to me by pm. I think that on the sheet cake, I will try to use fondant and cut out the Women of Hope Logo that is used on the website, and add pink roses. I was looking thru your pics and saw the cross that you had made. It is beautiful. thumbs_up.gif I would like to do something very similar to that if it would be ok with you.
If anyone else has any ideas, please feel free to post them here or you can pm them to me. I would really appreciate any ideas that anyone would like to share.
Also if anyone has any ideas on how I could make a simple crown with RI, please let me know. icon_biggrin.gif
Thanks,
Vickey

VickeyC Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 4:16am
post #3 of 9

Anybody? icon_confused.gif

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 10:32am
post #4 of 9

when I saw the subject of your topic I had ideas, but when I read the detail realised they would be completely inappropriate! (I was thinking cocktail glasses, lipstick, girly stuff). Sorry, I don't know much about religion/scripture, so no useful suggestions. Just wanted you to know you weren't being ignored, just came up blank.

VickeyC Posted 12 Sep 2010 , 3:11pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks zespri. I was beginning to wonder. LOL
I ended up making 2 sheet cakes. I will try to attach pics. If I am unable to, they are in my photos on here.
Thanks again for letting me know that I wasn't ignored. icon_biggrin.gif
Vickey

pursuing_perfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pursuing_perfection Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:21am
post #6 of 9

Hi VickeyC. I just noticed your post, and as I read through the responses, I realized I am too late. I would have suggested a tree with lots of blossoms on it...but using the logo was a great idea too. Good job.

VickeyC Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 3:42am
post #7 of 9

Thanks pursuing_perfection. By the time that I finally came up with something, I was just ready to get it done. icon_rolleyes.gif The 2nd cake wasn't even started until like 9:30 p.m. Friday night. I actually left it in the oven for my husband to keep an eye on icon_eek.gif while I went to the auditorium to help set things up. When I got back home, I had to let it cool, make my icing and everything. Finally finished around 3:00 and then back up at 6 to get ready for the conference.

pursuing_perfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pursuing_perfection Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 4:29am
post #8 of 9

I hear you. Cake decorating and sleep deprivation seem to go hand in hand! Hopefully the conference went just as good (or even better) than the cakes. Did you manage to stay awake during the sessions?! icon_lol.gif

VickeyC Posted 14 Sep 2010 , 12:59pm
post #9 of 9

The conference was AWESOME! icon_lol.gif It was so exciting that it would have been hard to go to sleep. It was a wonderful day! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%