How Attach Flowers, Please Help!!!

Decorating By agemyers Updated 9 Sep 2010 , 4:45pm by agemyers

agemyers Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 6

I'm making MMF covered cake , how do I attach Royal Icing and gum paste flowers. It is my first one to make.

5 replies
multilayered Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 2:28pm
post #2 of 6

You can use a bit of water on a small brush as glue. Use can also make gumpaste glue by "melting" 1/2 tsp of gumpaste in 1 tsp hot water.

itscake Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 2:30pm
post #3 of 6

Hi agemyers: I always put a toothpick into my flowers..makes it easy to insert into fondant covered cake...I also use Piping gel for flatter pieces on occasion...you can find the recipe here on CC...good luck Hun

agemyers Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 2:54pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks

dchockeyguy Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 6

Since toothpicks are not edible, I wouldn't recommend using them to put flowers on your cake. You don't want it to snap off and end up in someone's mouth. Same thing with wires. I'm of the school that you don't insert wires into your cake.

Multi is right. You can use some water or gum glue. Other options include royal icing and melted chocolate. however, do NOT use melted chocolate if your cake is goign to be somewhere really hot, as it will soften and they will end up falling off.

agemyers Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 4:45pm
post #6 of 6

This is for my daughters birthday cake, it will be home and cake have chocolate filling this is great. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%