Refridgerated Fondant

Decorating By CakeDDS Updated 9 Sep 2010 , 11:21am by chocolatestone

CakeDDS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDDS Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 9:58am
post #1 of 3

When I have refridgerated my assembled cakes in the past and then taken them out to come to room temperature, they sweat. Should I not do this? I live in the South and will be serving a 3-tiered cake w/buttercream at an outdoor party on Saturday in 85 degree+ weather. Thoughts anyone?

2 replies
artscallion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
artscallion Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 11:11am
post #2 of 3

There are more threads on this subject than I can count. The search function on this site isn't easy to use. But if you do a google search including the name of this site, like "cake sweating cakecentral" you'll get links to all those threads.

http://tinyurl.com/2etkv77

It's a hotly debated topic (thus the vast number of threads) and you'll find strong opinions on both sides. Hope this helps.

chocolatestone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolatestone Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 11:21am
post #3 of 3

If it's just the sweating you concerned with then it really isn't a big problem in my opinion. Fondant cakes coming out of the fridge into warm room temperatures usually sweat because of condensation but I find that it dries up after a few hours. The only problem is that you can't touch the cake cause it leaves print marks. If I refrigerate a cake I usually take it out a few hours in advanced to give it time to dry.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%