Lorann's Cheesecake Oil

Decorating By yummy Updated 9 Sep 2010 , 10:57pm by yummy

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 5:37am
post #1 of 9

Whenever I go to buy it (four times), they're always out of it. How much does this taste like cheesecake; is it one of the strong flavors?

8 replies
MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 6:19am
post #2 of 9

I really like the flavour, it's hard to describe and yes, you don't need a lot of it.

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 7:04am
post #3 of 9

I just bought this to try making suckers out of.

It smells EXACTLY liek cheesecake to me. Will let you know how the suckers taste in a bit lol

cakeythings1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeythings1961 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 11:12am
post #4 of 9

I add it to BC along with vanilla to make a non-dairy cream cheese icing. People love it!

yummy Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 1:11pm
post #5 of 9

Thank you all for your feedback. How much cheesecake oil do you all add to your bc? I want to make a white chocolate cheesecake bc. I'll be using sugarshacks method for making bc (2- 2lb. bags of ps) adding white chocolate and a little vanilla. I want to be able to taste the cheesecake too, so I need to know how much to add (since it's strong).

cakeythings, that's the same reason why I want to use it. How much oil and vanilla do you use per batch of bc.

sweetheart. can't wait for the results on the suckers.

cakeythings1961 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 2:53pm
post #6 of 9

Yummy,
I use Sugar Shack's BC, too! But I use the formula for a 5 qt. bowl, which calls for 5 lbs. of PS. The recipe says to add 4 tbsp of Wedding Bouquet, so I use 3 tbsp of vanilla and 1 tbsp of cheesecake oil. When I first made it, I tried adding about 1/2 tbsp of the cheesecake oil, but my DH likes a more pronounced flavor.

Oh, and I add real vanilla extract, not the clear stuff. This flavor combination has worked really well!

hth icon_smile.gif

yummy Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 8:12pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks cakeythings! So when you added the 1 tbsp of cheesecake and the 3 tbsps of vanilla did one overpower the other or did the cheesecake flavor come through despite the amount of pure vanilla? Would you say that the cheesecake flavor (1 tbsp) has a mild flavor, a strong flavor or somewhere in between?

I'm thinking if I'm adding white chocolate that has (12 oz., 3 oz per 1 lb. ps; does that sound right?) I should use 1 tbsp of vanilla and 1 tbsp of cheesecake; I would love to know what do you all think?

cakeythings1961 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 9:55pm
post #8 of 9

Well, umm, I can't eat sugar (can't digest it!) so I just have to go by what DH says. Never had it myself LOL! But here are some thoughts:

I don't use a super premium vanilla, just McCormick. We all like vanilla flavor in our family, so it didn't seem overpowering to DH or my 3 grown kids or their friends.

DH says the 1 T. of cheesecake flavor was just right for him. He is thrilled with this recipe, since he his allergic and cannot have real cream cheese or even real butter in the icing.

The kids & friends like this "faux cream cheese" icing well enough, but they definitely prefer the real thing!

Since you're also adding white chocolate (which sounds delicious, btw!) I would cut back on the cheesecake oil...maybe try 1/2 T. and taste to see if you like the effect. I also don't think you'll need as much vanilla...maybe 1 1/2 T. You can always add more! The white chocolate has a subtle flavor that you don't want to mask with too much other flavoring.

Keep in mind that my icing recipe is for 5 lbs. PS.

HTH
Good luck!!

yummy Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 10:57pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks again cakeythings. This cake is for Sunday; I'll come back and let you know how the bc turned out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%