Two Toned Frosting

Decorating By JoneaG Updated 9 Sep 2010 , 11:51am by Texas_Rose

JoneaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoneaG Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 5:01am
post #1 of 4

Ok newb question! So how would I get a two toned look for frosting a cupcake? And also is this look too old school or could it be cool? Pics would be super helpful if you have it. Thanks a bil!

3 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 5:14am
post #2 of 4

you simply either add two frosing to the bag or you can use a paint brush and brush coloring in stipes along the inside of the bag then add your icing. Then pipe away.

antasia did these cupcakes.. using the different icing.. http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1794230

In my photos I have a pink and black cake that has mixed flowers done this way.

TheBlonde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheBlonde Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 11:48am
post #3 of 4

I love making two tone cupcakes. You can check mine out in my pics. I tried many different techniques and even bought the special two toned bags. What I found to work the best was to fill two ziplock sandwich bags with the different colors and then place those in an 16" bag to pipe. Works great!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 11:51am
post #4 of 4

I use two small disposable piping bags, one filled with each color, snip the ends, and drop them into a 16" piping bag fitted with tip 1M.

It's not too old-school for most people...cupcakes with the swirl are kind of retro already, so the two colors just add to the fun.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%