Photofrost Icing Sheets

Decorating By Amy729 Updated 15 Mar 2011 , 11:15pm by Jess0214

Amy729 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 12:52am
post #1 of 5

I am getting ready to order icing sheets from PhotoFrost and noticed they have the regular icing sheets and the thick icing sheets. Has anyone used icing sheets from them and also does anyone know anything about the thick icing sheets? I have always used KopyKake icing sheets, how do they compare?

Thanks!
Amy

4 replies
icingimages Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 1:14am
post #2 of 5

Their thin brand is just like KK sheets. They made a thick sheet to compete with my premium icing sheets but havent heard anything about them.

Amy729 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 1:48am
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much for the help! Are your premium icing sheets still able to dissolve into the icing? And does the thickness make it harder to go through the printer?

icingimages Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 8:04pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy729

Thank you so much for the help! Are your premium icing sheets still able to dissolve into the icing? And does the thickness make it harder to go through the printer?

The thickness is not a problem with the printer. When I say they are thick, they are not that thick that they cause problems, they are just thicker than others. The advantage is they do not dry out and crack as easily and can be handled longer. No images "disolve" in to the cake, they merge with the cake. If they "disolved" the inks would run. Merging is a better word to use.

Jess0214 Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 11:15pm
post #5 of 5

I have used both their standard and thick. the standard work really well with all icings ie buttercream, royal icing and fondant. the thicker sheets work well with chocolates and i was told that is why they were developed. I have found that PhotoFrost standard brand merge better than any other sheets I have used.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%