Burberry Cake

Decorating By beesweetcakes Updated 8 Sep 2010 , 11:38pm by psmith

beesweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beesweetcakes Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 11:09pm
post #1 of 2

I recently received an order for a Burberry cake. I have to admit that until I looked it up, I had no idea what it was. As soon as I saw the pattern, I did recognize it but had no idea of the name.
So here is my question. What would be the best way to put the design on the cake? The customer wants a 9x13 2 layer cake with the classic Burberry design but also her husband's Burberry watch to go across diagonally on the cake. All made out of fondant. Should I cover the entire cake in the Burberry design or make the watch first and then work the design around it. I am still learning and am open to any and all suggestions. Oh and the cake has to look like the cologne bottle. Should I use RKT to make the cap? Thanks in advance for everyone suggestions.

1 reply
psmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psmith Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 11:38pm
post #2 of 2

I'm no expert but if I was going to tackle this cake, I'd probably put the Burberry design on first. The part underneath the watch may seem like wasted effort but IMO it would be the easiest way to ensure your lines are straight on the cake. You could use RKT for the cap but sculpted cake may be just as easy since you are covering in fondant. HTH! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%