How Would You Make This...

Decorating By mamakasst Updated 8 Sep 2010 , 10:59pm by still_learning

mamakasst Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 10:28pm
post #1 of 5

I want to make a cake that looks like this painting from Romero Britto:

http://images.crackberry.com/files/images/wallpaper_20090625102048_8651119912.preview.jpg

i am afraid that if i cut out each piece and then try to fit them on the cake (much like a puzzle) that all the pieces won't fit back together correctly. I don't want there to be uneven gaps because it won't look like a painting. I was just wondering if you had any suggestions about how to create this on a cake.

Thanks!

4 replies
Kitagrl Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 10:41pm
post #2 of 5

If its a painting, why couldn't you just paint it on the cake? You could draw the outlines with food marker first, even.

TrixieTreats Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 10:47pm
post #3 of 5

How about a buttercream transfer? or even Royal?

Britainie Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 10:56pm
post #4 of 5

By looking at your picture, I would draw it out (or trace from computer monitor) to where all pieces are a sure fit. Cut the pieces from your drawing, take the "puzzle piece" and lay it on top of your rolled fondant, then cut the fondant out. And if you have the tiniest of gaps...that's where the black outlines in the picture would be great! Good luck!

still_learning Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 10:59pm
post #5 of 5

I would print out the image the size you want it on the cake. Then I'd cut out the individual sections to use as a template. Like a PP suggested I'd use edible markers to outline the sections and then paint with vodka and food color. I'd probably go back over the outlines with a paintbrush after doing all the sections to make the outlines more prominent and finish off the look. I just did something like this when I did my first painting attempt and it worked really well. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%