Using Cherry Pie Filling To Make A Cake Filling

Baking By Erin3085 Updated 8 Sep 2010 , 8:01pm by ginger6361

Erin3085 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Erin3085 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 7:39pm
post #1 of 3

I'm so frustrated...I have spent the last hour flipping thru searched items with no luck. Maybe I don't know what I'm looking for? I don't know. Anyway, my last resort is to ask it here...

I'm making a black forest cake for hubby to take to the fire dept with him tomorrow. My goal for it is to make a dark chocolate cake with a cherry filling, chocolate buttercream and black cherry fondant. I have everything settled but the filling. I have read that you aren't supposed to use straight pie filling because they get slippery...makes sense. So what would I do with this can of cherry pie filling then...any suggestions? Blend it with bc frosting maybe? I have no ideas, really. Any idea is appreciated! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 3

As long as you use a stiff buttercream dam it shouldn't be a problem using canned pie filling - I do it all the time - did it last night actuallyicon_smile.gif

ginger6361 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginger6361 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 8:01pm
post #3 of 3

Me too,, Do it all the time, just make a good dam and then I push down a little on the layer to settle, put in fridge to chil before frosting so you don't get a buldge.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%