$$ For Cupcakes

Decorating By BRATTYR Updated 9 Sep 2010 , 1:16am by BRATTYR

BRATTYR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BRATTYR Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 4:17pm
post #1 of 9

hey just wondering what people are charging for decorated cupcakes?

8 replies
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 9

I don't sell my baked goods, but I've looked at a lot of bakeries lately. I've seen cupcakes with a 1m swirl for 85 cents in one bakery in Little Rock, AR and another bakery down the block had them for $2.25. They're $3 at a shop near my daughter's in New Orleans, and there's a shop near me in a Chicago suburb where they're $3. Then, another bakery here has them for $5.50.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme nor reason to the pricing in my humble opinion!

durell87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
durell87 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 9

Pricing depends a lot on where u are but I start at 150 for plan cupcakes with bc swirl. 200 for filled and then additional for more decorated or gumpaste or fondant accents again depending on what they want.

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 5:10pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 5:20pm
post #5 of 9

It depends on where you are.

In New York City, regular, plain cupcakes with a swirl are about $3.00.

Decorated could run from $3.50 up to $4.50.

Magnolia Bakery has plain chocolate and plain vanilla with frosting for $2.75, but once you choose a different flavor it's $3.25 per cupcake. NO DECORATIONS!

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 7:21pm
post #6 of 9

I think if you fill it, and do something more than just a swirl on top you should treat it like a serving of cake. I mean after all isn't that what it is?

What is your price per serving?

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 8:53pm
post #7 of 9

filled, swirl on top, $2.75

BRATTYR Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 1:16am
post #8 of 9

thanks everyone for your advice!!
texassuagar i just increased my fondant cakes to $3.00 per slice and buttercream for about 2.00, i have not sold any cupcakes yet and i am not really interested in doing them but the person was asking for a cake and cupcakes so i said i would make them but let her know about the price. (she also wanted fondant accents on them)

BRATTYR Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 1:16am
post #9 of 9

thanks everyone for your advice!!
texassuagar i just increased my fondant cakes to $3.00 per slice and buttercream for about 2.00, i have not sold any cupcakes yet and i am not really interested in doing them but the person was asking for a cake and cupcakes so i said i would make them but let her know about the price. (she also wanted fondant accents on them)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%