Mff Question

Decorating By MessMaker Updated 8 Sep 2010 , 7:50pm by JoneaG

MessMaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessMaker Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 6

Does any one know how much 1 batch of MFF weighs?

I am making a LRG cake for my MIL friend and will be needing approx 25 lbs of MFF to cover all 4 tiers, and have to make a list of the ingredients for her to pick up.

I was hoping some one would know what 1 batch weighed so I didnt have to go to all the trouble of making a batch out of my own pocket just to find out.

Thanks for Looking and thanks in advance for all reply's.

5 replies
Amylou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amylou Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 6

I'm not sure about weight, but last week I made 2 batches, and it covered:

2 8" round, 4" high cakes
2 6" round, 4" high cakes

and had leftover to put on stripes and circles as decor over all the cakes, and cover my cake board. I still have some leftover too.

HTH

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 6

I believe one batch is 2.5 lbs. Now I can cover a 6/8/10 cake with a batch and a half so just how big IS this cake?

TrixieTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrixieTreats Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 5:19pm
post #4 of 6

Michelle Foster's Fondant (MFF) usually makes just short of 5 lbs. That will depend on how much sugar you end up incorporating (recipe calls for 3-4 lbs) I find that I usually end up using somewhere between 3.5 and 4lbs, so I end up with a final product of a little less than 5 lbs.

MessMaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MessMaker Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 7:26pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixieTreats

Michelle Foster's Fondant (MFF) usually makes just short of 5 lbs. That will depend on how much sugar you end up incorporating (recipe calls for 3-4 lbs) I find that I usually end up using somewhere between 3.5 and 4lbs, so I end up with a final product of a little less than 5 lbs.

Thank You So Much!!! icon_biggrin.gif

JoneaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoneaG Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 7:50pm
post #6 of 6

Is MFF something you can make or it is bought?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%