Call Ball On A Schtick...wrappers

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 9 Sep 2010 , 2:46pm by scp1127

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 1:56pm
post #1 of 8

We want to start putting out cake balls on a stick, but would like to wrap them for baskets and such. I have been looking for someting better then just saran wrap around them, like a lollipop wrapper, but all the ones I have seen are flat for flat lollipops. Has anyone seen a wrapper that you can put over them? Maybe even a square that wrap over and put a twist tie?
Thanks!

7 replies
emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 2:11pm
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

We want to start putting out cake balls on a stick, but would like to wrap them for baskets and such. I have been looking for someting better then just saran wrap around them, like a lollipop wrapper, but all the ones I have seen are flat for flat lollipops. Has anyone seen a wrapper that you can put over them? Maybe even a square that wrap over and put a twist tie?
Thanks!

I've always just used the lollipop bags, but usually get larger ones:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50603074@N03/4647281577/in/set-72157624154550362/#/

You can see there, they all have the bags over them, and are tied at the bottom with ribbon.

Here is kind of an up-close look at how they fit: http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i257/emrldsky/Cakes/DSCN0240_resized.jpg

You just have to be gentle when placing the bags over them, otherwise the edges can catch on the decorations. icon_wink.gif

HTH!

loriemoms Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 2:14pm
post #3 of 8

those are pretty much what I am looking for..where do you purchase them?

Thanks! Very pretty!!

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 2:21pm
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

those are pretty much what I am looking for..where do you purchase them?

Thanks! Very pretty!!

Hobby Lobby or Michael's usually has them, and the ones I buy are called treat bags and are made by Make'n Mold.

http://www.makenmold.com/default.aspx

They have all kinds of products and my local stores carry them. I hope yours does too!!!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 2:31pm
post #5 of 8

What about the colored cellophane (fda approved for food contact...available on rolls...surely they have it in squares too (think cinnamon disks))....with a paper cutter, multiple sheets could be cut to the perfect size at one time. Several rolls, a paper cutter and about an hour, you could have thousands of perfectly sized wrappers.

jewelsq Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelsq Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 3:54pm
post #6 of 8

I have always found the colored cellophane to be too fragile for wrapping. One false move and the pieces, whether large or small, tear apart. I'd go with bags. The work is done for you.

loriemoms Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 9:25am
post #7 of 8

Thanks guys! Our michaels SUCK but I never thought of the make a mold company having an online site! That helps alot!!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 2:46pm
post #8 of 8

emrldsky... very talented!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%