Foil Liners

Baking By Pallison Updated 10 Sep 2010 , 5:21am by Pallison

Pallison Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 4:39am
post #1 of 7

I have not used the foil liners much but would like to use them for an order this it better to leave the white liner or remove it and bake in the foil only...?? I will be putting the liner in a pan even though the package says they can sit on a sheet pan.....
I would appreciate any info on the foil liners, pros and cons...I don't want to use them if there are problems with them......Thanks...!!

6 replies
juststarted Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 7:24am
post #2 of 7

I think what you are reffering to is a baking cup, not a foil liner. You shouldn't be able to plave the foil liners in a baking sheet, it works as a regular liner which needs to be placed in a cupcake pan. On the other hand the baking cups are good for those who does not have a cupcake pan and could be placed on a baking sheet. Either way you can bake the cupcakes directly on the foil liner/cup, using a white liner is not necessary. I'll try to post a pic I took when I baked cupcake on foil liner.

juststarted Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 7:32am
post #3 of 7

obviously loading picture here or in my album didn't work icon_cry.gif I'll try later.

Pallison Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 9:26am
post #4 of 7

Oops, the package does read Foil Baking Cups (I didn't think about the difference between cups and liners icon_smile.gif ) .....they look just like a any other cupcake liners except they are foil and have a paper cup inside them.....
Have you had good luck with them...?? No one has trouble removing them from the cupcake....?? Or other problems...??

By the way, I intend to bake them in a regular cupcake pan......

pixiefuncakes Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 9:46am
post #5 of 7

I always bake with both, the paper will absorb any oil etc and the foil liner just makes it look pretty. I leave my cupcakes in the tin until they are completely cool and it seems to help the paper and foil stay together, they can tend to seperate if you take them out too early.

Occther Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 11:00am
post #6 of 7

I have used the foil liners for wedding cupcakes. Saved the white ones and used for other cupcakes.

Pallison Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 5:21am
post #7 of 7

Thanks for the help....!!! I'm going to give them a try..... icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%