Butter Cream Transfer?

Decorating By sweetnessx3 Updated 8 Sep 2010 , 12:52am by sweetnessx3

sweetnessx3 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 3

I keep seeing post about a buttercream transfer but have never tried it before.... How does this work?

I have a request to do a dooney and burke purse but have no idea how to do the logo of DB . Would a bc transfer work? TIAicon_smile.gif

2 replies
nonilm Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 3

Here is a link to the FBCT tutorial on CC

Not sure if this method would be my first choice for the logo. Unless maybe the bag will be all buttercream? And even then you might be better off just piping the logo on.

If you are planning to use fondant I would suggest cutting the logo out of fondant and attaching to the cake with gum glue.

I have never tried this but maybe a stencil? You could create your own stencil out of heavy card stock and then use it to paint the logo.

I guess it depends on the look you are going for. Do you have a photo of the bag?

sweetnessx3 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 12:52am
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much for the link icon_smile.gif I looked for it but couldnt get it ... You are sooo right I dont think this method would work lol! I dont have a picture of the purse yet . I was trying to get a head start on the logo lol! The coach purse was very hard .....

Quote by @%username% on %date%