Day Of Sharing-Ideas?

Decorating By cakefairy03 Updated 8 Sep 2010 , 8:23pm by Cookie4

cakefairy03 Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 11:24pm
post #1 of 5

I plan on attending a Day of Sharing for the first time. I really want to bring something, but seeing as I have never attended, I'm not really sure what is good to bring. Anyone have ideas or suggestions? TIA!

4 replies
cakesrock Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 7:41pm
post #2 of 5

It would help if you explained what a 'day of sharing' is? I am not familiar...
Thanks!

sugaah Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 5

do you mean for lunch or a demo or what?

cakefairy03 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 8:05pm
post #4 of 5

I saw this on the FL ICES website. I haven't been to a Day of Sharing before, but this is what the registration form says...

Our day will begin with coffee, juices and water along with some pastries to help get us going and break the ice
for newcomers. After a morning of wonderful demonstrations, well be enjoying a delicious lunch. Lunch will be a
wonderful opportunity to mingle and socialize with other decorators.
After lunch, well continue with several more demonstrations. The grand finale of the day will be the Florida ICES
raffle prizes drawing. Our favorite vendors have made some terrific donations and I know youll want try your luck
at the raffle.
Several Demonstrations are planned throughout the day for all skill levels.
Suggested items to bring with you to the Day of Sharing:
· We encourage you to bring a display of your confectionery work (all skill levels welcome and you will
receive one free raffle ticket for each sugar item you bring on a 6 cake board or larger),
· If you can, please bring at least 100 copies of a favorite recipe to use in the recipe swap.
· A camera to capture all of the displays and exciting demonstrations.
· Notepad and pen or pencil to write down all the great ideas and tips of the day.

I'd really like to enter the raffles, but in order to do that, you have to bring in "confectionery work". Again, I've never been, so I'm not sure what to bring. They don't seem to be specific at all, I just don't have any ideas!

Cookie4 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 8:23pm
post #5 of 5

No, you do not have to bring an item in order to receive a raffel ticket. They are usually sold for $1.00 per ticket (sometimes cheaper if purchased ahead of time, etc.). By bringing an item(s) you can get an 'extra raffel ticket' in additon to what you purchase. The raffels are usually wonderful items like Kitchen Aid Mixers or other high end items, however the less expensive items are wonderful too. Such as cake pan sets, the latest and newest items on the market, chocolate items . . .

Oh yes, forgot to mention that their is usuallly a welcoome bag at the door filled with goodies and sometimes they are pretty good.

You will have a great time and it is so worth the cost of admmission. I live in the Houston area and the Houston Cake Club's Day of Sharing (aka DOS) is this Sunday, September 12th from 9:00 - 5:00 if anyone is interested.

Hope you have a great time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%