Need Icing Ideas For A Pumpkin Cc Cake!!

Decorating By kseevers Updated 8 Sep 2010 , 3:02am by kseevers

kseevers Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 6:04pm
post #1 of 10

I am making a pumpkin chocolate chip cake for the first time and I am having a hard time narrowing down a icing. My ideas so far are a simple glaze, a chocolate glaze, or a cream cheese icing of some sort. I am trying to figure out what pairings will taste the best.

Help! Any ideas?

Thank you!

9 replies
hsmomma Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 10

I vote for the cream cheese...hands down! Yum!!

Cake_Bliss Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 11:33pm
post #3 of 10

Cream cheese would be delishicon_smile.gif YUMMMY!!!!

yums Posted 7 Sep 2010 , 11:34pm
post #4 of 10

We always use cream cheese and it is always a hit! I think the chocolate chips and chocolate glaze would over power the pumpkin.

Occther Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 12:08am
post #5 of 10

I made a Praline buttercream using some praline flavoring and crushed up pecan pralines on a pumpkin cake that I made for a fall wedding. Talk about delicious!! (and very rich.)

tokazodo Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 12:32am
post #6 of 10

I love this recipe for Edna's Crusting Cream Cheese buttercream.
It's light and fluffy with cream cheese flavor

http://www.designmeacake.com/cccbc.html

Btrfly578 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 1:12am
post #7 of 10

I'd go with the Cream Cheese. Just curious about Edna's C.C. recipe. It call's for white vanilla. Would that be clear vanilla extract?

kseevers Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 1:48am
post #8 of 10

I think I am going to go with the cream cheese icing. I hadn't thought about the chocolate glaze being too much, but I agree that it might be. Thanks!

Btrfly578- Yes, it's the same! icon_smile.gif

icer101 Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 2:17am
post #9 of 10

the original version of c/c icing would be the way i would go. NO shortening. Just the butter , cream cheese, vanilla, powder sugar. Toasted crushed p-cans would be great in the c/c icing also. if you use the original version of c/c , you then get the twang of the c/c. hope i make sense. I have use the version of butter, shortening, powder sugar. It is pretty good.But , the original version is the best. hth

kseevers Posted 8 Sep 2010 , 3:02am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by icer101

the original version of c/c icing would be the way i would go. NO shortening. Just the butter , cream cheese, vanilla, powder sugar. Toasted crushed p-cans would be great in the c/c icing also. if you use the original version of c/c , you then get the twang of the c/c. hope i make sense. I have use the version of butter, shortening, powder sugar. It is pretty good.But , the original version is the best. hth

Thanks! I think I will go with a more cream cheesey taste. I think it will go better. I was thinking of a nut as well for the filling. I was thinking of walnuts, but pecans sounds better. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%